Layout a Day (LOAD1014) - Day One

This time around Layout a Day (LOAD) is taking a school themed approach.  This semester we are working on  "A Yearbook of Your Memori...

This time around Layout a Day (LOAD) is taking a school themed approach.  This semester we are working on  "A Yearbook of Your Memories".  Now I was really excited to start this LOAD when the theme was announced, but then after digging, and digging, and more digging to try to find school photos (which I know I have SOMEWHERE), I'm feeling a bit frustrated with the theme.  I know this will pass though and I'm super excited to start Layout a Day this month!

The Photos

To begin with, I found this pile of school day pictures from Preschool to Kindergarten.  Only one of them was dated (and I believe dated incorrectly as I'm pretty sure the Minnie Mouse shirt was in Kindergarten), so I had to enlist the help of my parents to try and figure out dates.  I really struggled with the prompt, because they don't have anything to do with me, right now.  I go through this same struggle with nearly every prompt for LOAD, because I try to figure out all of the ways I could do the prompt, and then pick my favorite way.


These photos are (mostly) taken as part of my daycare and all within a couple of years of each other.  The top right photo is the exclusion, because it was my actual school portrait.  The other way I thought that I could take this prompt was to do a self portrait of me and a currently type list.  The problem with this is that I cannot currently print photos at home, since I'm out of ink.  But I decided to brainstorm through this problem and see what I could come up with.


Facts about me - Right Now


Watching - all the great, new fall shows - Gotham, Forever, Once Upon a Time
Reading - Elise Blaha's blog
Listening - to comedians on Spotify before bed with Jamie
Making - layouts for Oct LOAD
Feeling - hurting horribly as I have a pinched nerve in my back that is making it hard to walk, sit, or stand!
Planning - my writing project for NaNoWriMo in November
Loving - how cute Atty looks in her new PJs





The Layout

I finally decided to just combine all of the photos that are from my daycare as a child and create kind of an introduction layout for these stories.  I envision the next layout will be the building and some of the stories I have about the experiences I had while I attend this daycare.  This entire layout was created with scraps and partially used elements (My Mind's Eye Chipboard and Teresa Collins cardstock diecuts) that happened to be on my workstation from Stash Bash/Easter scrapbooking layouts.  I also splattered some Heidi Swapp Color Shine pink spray around my clusters.


It's funny how my memories of my daycare and working on this layout have influenced me today.  After having remembered these moments, I'm now debating on trying to get Atty into the same daycare when she gets a bit older (their programs don't start until age 2).  I have the feeling that she would love it just as much as I did!

I will still use the self-portrait and Currently list to create a layout about today, just sometime later when I get can photos printed again!  I always love all about me scrapbooking prompts, but finding photos to use is very difficult for me since I'm always the one behind the camera!  At the beginning of the year I was participating in Thursday Three with RuKristin Papercrafts.  It is a really fun project where you take a self portrait and list three things about yourself right now.  I stopped after a while, because I couldn't come up with creative ways to take self portraits anymore and after awhile they all started to look the same.  You can check out some of my photos and scrapbooking layouts that I did using these portraits and lists under Thursday Three.  and What struggles do you have with getting yourself photographed and documented?  I would love to hear about them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images