Index-Card-A-Day (ICAD) Challenge - Week 3

Today, I want to show you my cards for the 2014 Index-Card-A-Day (ICAD) Challenge hosted by Daisy Yellow . The challenge is basically ...


Today, I want to show you my cards for the 2014 Index-Card-A-Day (ICAD) Challenge hosted by Daisy Yellow.

The challenge is basically to decorate and play with 4x6 index cards, however you desire. I am using my cards this year in my Project Life spreads for my scrapbooking albums (focusing mainly on April and May of 2014, since I am behind).

For more information on the challenge check out Daisy Yellow's ICAD section.  This week's theme was maps, which I kind of ignored.  

Day 15

ICAD Day 15

My blog plans and to do for the week. I did this in my Uniball gel pens (blue and green).

Day 16

ICAD - Day 16

This was my take on repeating pattern. Another doodle using my uniball blue gel pen.

Day 17

ICAD - Day 17

Sensory play with my 10 month old created this card. I put one of her fav balls into a ziploc bag with a bit of paint and an index card. Then she smooshed and rolled the ball around to create this. Loved it!

Day 18

ICAD - Day 18- Stickers

Chevron stickers from Simple Stories Mom collection and I just outlined them and then stuck them down below the outline. Then I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Primrose to add some drips and drops of spray. Really love how this one turned out!

Day 19

ICAD - Day 18

Today I created a card using Heidi Swapp Color Shine Primrose and some scraps to create a sunburst design. Then in the white sections I added a sparkly white nail polish! Its so super glittery good now!

Day 20

ICAD - Day 19 - Polka Dots

On this one I just watercolored blue and green polka dots in uneven circles onto the white background. I tried to leave highlights in the dots to add some interest, but it didn't completely work out that way.

Day 21

ICAD - Day 21 

For this card, I followed a similar idea as day 20, and I just did a watercolor background (wash) in the purple/magenta and then added some more polka dots in blue and red.  I then misted it with water to tone it down a bit.

For this ICAD week, I wanted to keep it really simple and just do a bit of play.  I am loving the creation process of doing these cards every day, and it has been making my project life spreads come together so easy! So that's how this project is going for me so far! Check out ICAD Week One and ICAD Week Two for more of my cards. And check back next week for the fourth installment!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images