Index Card A Day (ICAD) Challenge - Week 1

I want to show you my cards for the 2014 Index-Card-A-Day (ICAD) Challenge hosted by Daisy Yellow . The challenge is basically to decorate...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11352028@N00/14324198832I want to show you my cards for the 2014 Index-Card-A-Day (ICAD) Challenge hosted by Daisy Yellow.

The challenge is basically to decorate and play with 4x6 index cards, however you desire. I am using my cards this year in my Project Life spreads for my scrapbooking albums (focusing mainly on April and May of 2014, since I am behind).

For more information on the challenge check out Daisy Yellow's ICAD section.

The weekly theme this week is text.  So I wanted to focus on creating some filler cards and weekly title cards.  ICAD day one prep. I used watercolor to create a rainbow effect (wet on wet). I also tried one with some number stickers as a mask. I love the bottom two.

Day One -

Todays prompt was prism, which remained me of rainbows.  I used watercolor wet in wet for background and used 1 & 6 stickers as a mask. Then using some thickers I put Apr and the brackets. I outlined the numbers with a stabilo blue marker as well as adding an outline for the whole card.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11352028@N00/14358023262

Day Two

I created a rainbow effect using watercolor wet in wet and then cut my quotes into stickers.  Quote reads " magic exists.  Who can doubt it when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars? Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic.  It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live - Nora Roberts
https://www.flickr.com/photos/11352028@N00/14356259831

Day Three

I used the sew easy to do my stitching. Background is another watercolor wet in wet creation. I outlined the word hello with my blue stabilo marker and then used a dark grey to add a shadow to the letters. I went back in and added hatching with a light grey inside the letters and as a big border around the card. Then I added letter stickers from jillibean soup (gumbo green) and numbers from October afternoon daily flash (white) to create my project life card.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11352028@N00/14379790833

Day Four

This is another watercolor wet in wet background. But I played with a fun process I've wanted to try for awhile. I stamped this puzzle stamp by hampton arts stamps (2002) and cut out a selection of pieces.

Then I added an outline of black puffy paint (I think its tulip brand). I also used it for the title (pieces of the week). I added some dots with a pink puffy paint to create faux enamel dots. Once dry (I let it dry overnight) I went back in and added watercolor inside the puzzle pieces. I also added my week dates at the bottom using thickers. 

I absolutely love how this one turned out.  I will definitely be continuing to experiment with the puffy paint throughout the month!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11352028@N00/14400841922

Day Five -

I used the prompt galaxy and created this watercolor background that looks like a sunset. Then I added stars using a whiteout pen. I glued down the word strips for this quote "We are mosaics - pieces of light, love, history, stars - glued together with magic and music and words - Anita Krizzan. After adding the strips I felt it needed something so I added some Heidi Swapp color shine in primrose. Love this card! Definitely will be finding its way into my project life spread.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11352028@N00/14201267907

Day Six -

Nail polish was the prompt.  I add watercolored a second card during day five and really didnt like it.  So I took some whiteish nail polish with glitter in it and just randomly threw it on top in spots.  Then decided to tone down the watercolor with water and a baby wipe.  But the nail polish acted as a barrier where it was applied (this is kinda a duh moment here and now but I didnt think about it then). Then I added more turquoise over top, splattered some purple and green.  Then added splatters of a silver chunky polish with blue glitter in it.  Way too much fun.  I think it turned out pretty cool.  So excited to be back to experimenting again!  And it is SO super glittery and sparkley!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/11352028@N00/14386339802

Day Seven -

I used a Project Life card by Becky Higgins in the Zoo mini as my base today. I kept it really simple by adding some BoBunny flowers, some number stickers for my week dates, and some spring clear stickers and some rhinestone gems. 


https://www.flickr.com/photos/11352028@N00/14407921983

So that is it for this week!  I hope you've enjoyed my ICAD cards so far!  I am loving playing and experimenting!  And I can't wait to use these cards in my Project Life spreads.  Check back next week for more ICAD cards and keep an eye out for some Project Life spreads using these handmade cards!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images