The Hippie Art Studio - what?

I'm a little behind on my Blogtember prompts due to a week long set of migraines + work + needy toddler.  Truthfully, by the time I g...


I'm a little behind on my Blogtember prompts due to a week long set of migraines + work + needy toddler.  Truthfully, by the time I got home from work I was too exhausted and mentally drained from dealing with work and the migraines to do much more than sit on the couch like a blob.  So I'm trying to catch up on some of the prompts that I really loved so that I can get back to the regular "schedule" next week.  So with that in mind, today I'm here to tell you where this little blog's name comes from.

The Hippie Art Studio was born from the idea that our family produces a ton of different art in a variety of mediums.  Even our extended family does some pretty cool stuff like oil painting, woodworking, and extensive gardening/landscaping.

I can produce pieces from a very broad range of media.  I am trained as a photographer.  But I have also taught myself some watercolor techniques, spraypaint techniques (which appear to be similar to oil painting...just different), collage, found poetry pieces, sketching, zentangling, and basic acyrlic techniques, as far as paper media goes.  I also have taught myself how to do torch-worked glass pieces (like beads and ornaments), polymer clay pieces, and worked on creating faerie gardens and items for them from natural materials (sticks, pebbles, etc).


Some of the mediums that I love have taken a back burner in the last several years.  I didn't allow myself to spray paint while I was pregnant or nursing (and I only do it in the fall when the weather starts to cool off).  The torch-worked glass pieces stopped when I got skilled enough to require a kiln before I could do any more developing of my skills.  The others just seem to wax and wane with the seasons.


Jamie, my fiance does sketching, works with clay, and cooks wonderful meals at the present time.  But he is always expanding and coming up with new ideas and things to try.  So you can see - we are quite the odd household / art studio.  It is a running joke that if you need some kind of art supply - we probably own it...somewhere.


The Hippie part of the blog's name comes from our philosophy on life more than anything else.  We don't follow many mainstream ideas.  We try to conserve and reuse where we can.  And we really just want to thrive on love - being with those we love, doing the things we love, and not worrying about what the future may hold, but cherishing what we have in front of us.

So that's the crazy thought process that brought about The Hippie Art Studio.

Brave Love Blog

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images