Oh, To Be Wild & Free

Today's Blog-tember prompt is to describe your ideal day.  I struggled with whether this was a realistic/really could happen kind of ...


Today's Blog-tember prompt is to describe your ideal day.  I struggled with whether this was a realistic/really could happen kind of day or in my dreams my day would go like this... kind of prompt.  And then I faced my balance issues.  Would an ideal day be all about me (something so very rare currently in my life) or family-oriented with some kind of outing or Atty focused activity?

Let's just be honest - a day with the entire house empty and quiet would be simply amazing.  Assuming that the house is clean, laundry is done, and I'm not responsible for dinner.  I'd love to say I would sit at my art desk and just play.  I love to get messy with paints and inks and glue!  I fight this feeling/need all the time, because I feel this is the only way I will ever create quality (and quantity) products to open an Etsy store - which is another of my 2015 goals that I'm still trying to work up the courage to do.  Realistically, I would sit on the couch watching stupid stuff on TV, playing videogames, watching YouTube or checking out Instagram and Pinterest.  I would eat crap food and drink coffee, until eventually switching to Dr. Pepper.  The whole time beating myself up on all the possibilities that aren't happening and the opportunity to work towards them, that of course, I am not actually doing!  Just saying.


If we went route two - I would take Atty out for a daytrip, maybe the zoo or the park - something that would be outdoors on a gorgeous sunshiney day.  We would walk (she would run, of course) and soak up the beautiful air and atmosphere.  I would take several hundred photos and have a smile on my face the entire day, because she amazes me every single day.  We would come home utterly exhausted, but so wonderfully content with life and shocked with the wonder of our adventure.

So those are my ideal days.  I'd love to hear about yours.  And if anyone has advice on dealing with balancing me time and toddlers, I would love to hear it, as well!  Check back tomorrow for more Blogtember goodness!

Brave Love Blog

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images