Counterfeit Kit of the May Hip Kit Club 2015

When I first saw the pictures of the Hip Kit Club's May 2015 edition , I instantly fell in love with it.  This kit is completely full o...

When I first saw the pictures of the Hip Kit Club's May 2015 edition, I instantly fell in love with it.  This kit is completely full of such bright, gorgeous colors, and it has a great summer vibe to it.  The kits are comprised mainly around the new Pink Paislee line, "Citrus Bliss", the new Dear Lizzy line, "Fine & Dandy", and the new Chickaniddy line, "Yippie".  Now, I would love to own all of these wonderful lines, plus the great Evalicious items that are also in the Hip Kit.  However, I don't have a whole lot of extra play money so I have to be very frugal with the things I buy and how I use my stash of art and scrapbooking supplies.

Hence, I decided to counterfeit some of the items from these collections.  With everything that has been going on in our lives for the last six months or so, I have had very little me time, which is when I normally scrapbook.  But, this kit has me inspired again to scrapbook.  The colors in my counterfeit are not quite as bright, or as intensely summer themed, because I have not scrapbooked any of our 2015 photos.  So I needed a kit with a bit more variety.


I made a video flip through of the items that I pulled together for my counterfeit of the May Hip Kit.  Most of the items were pulled from my stash or created using mixed media tools like Distress Stain, templates, and stamps.  Check out the video below for more details on just what ended up in my kit!


I will be posting more videos, layouts, and tutorials on how I use this kit in the coming weeks as I continue to work my way through it.  I also included quite a few Index-Card-a-Day (ICADs) in my inspired kit, because they were so much fun to make around a general theme.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images