Sensory Play - 5 Sensory Bottles

Way back in June, I made five sensory bottles for Atty to play with.  It was my first experience with sensory play (as well as making toy...


Way back in June, I made five sensory bottles for Atty to play with.  It was my first experience with sensory play (as well as making toys for her).  She absolutely loved them.  I use three recycled bottles (two soda bottles and one from iced tea) as well as two plastic reusable water bottles.

Since the water bottles don't full seal, I kept stuck with dry materials for those two bottles.  The pink one is full of pom poms and pony beads, and the green one is uncooked pasta shells.  The other three bottles have water in them.  The iced tea bottle has just water and pom poms.  The second bottle has water, pom poms, and pink glitter in it.  And the third bottle, I filled only half way with water and then put pony beads in it.


All three bottles make different noises - which Atty absolutely loves.  She had so much fun with these!  She played with them for close to an hour the first time.  The second day, she played with them for close to an hour and half!  I call that a win!


She enjoyed knocking them over when I had them lined up in a row, as well as shaking them to hear the different noises, and rolling them across the floor.


We haven't played with them a whole lot lately, so I'm curious how she will like them several months later!  But they were a huge hit, and a great use of things that you probably already have around the house.  If you have any other sensory experience ideas or things you've done, I would love to hear about it!  This is a new area that we are currently exploring, but so far Atty has really enjoyed everything we've tried out!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images