Life Around Here - June

I just wanted to pop in today and let you all know that I have spent most of the month developing new content for the blog - which is why I ...

I just wanted to pop in today and let you all know that I have spent most of the month developing new content for the blog - which is why I haven't been around!  It's crazy difficult to blog on a regular basis (for me at least) with an infant whose schedule and needs seem to change on a weekly basis!  I have tons of ideas, simply no time to put them into effect!  So I decided to take the month of June and really develop some posts that I could schedule in advance and just keep working on from there.

I'm truly hoping this will work out better for me, since it gives me goals of what I should work on during the hour or so an evening that I have after Atty goes to sleep and before I go to sleep.  It should also help me work around my rotating schedule at work.

Some things that I have in the works:

  • Destash Goal - I will be returning to this goal again in July!  While I have been working on it through my monthly Counterfeit kit, I wanted to emphasis certain parts of all of my stuff to really focus on for the month.  July will be PAPER!  So if you have any great ideas on how to use up some paper - leave me a comment!  
  • Word of the Year (Nurture) - Another goal I will be returning to in July.  I have been able to nurture my creative self through my art and scrapbooking in small bits of time.  However, since Atty is starting to stand and get super curious about everything around her, I decided to start focusing on some activities that will nurture her growth - like sensory play!  So if you have young ones you will want to check back in July for what we are currently doing at 10 months!  Again, if you have any ideas for sensory play activities or other DIY activities with young ones - please leave me a comment!
  • Index-Card-A-Day (ICAD) - This is a two month long project hosted by Daisy Yellow where you decorate an index card (cardstock, etc) every day.  I will be showing you what I've been working on, as well as how I am using them
  • Videos - It is really hard for me to do videos, but I so want to!  Creating the videos isn't difficult for me, but editing and doing voiceovers takes up a lot of time that I really don't have.  So I'm going to continue to play around and see if I can get this medium to work for me.  Anyone have suggestions on how to make this work - I would love to hear them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images