When Frogs Sing - An Art Journal Flip

I am taking a class with Rhomany called When Frogs Sing for 2014 .  The idea behind the class is that you spend at least 5 minutes every ...


I am taking a class with Rhomany called When Frogs Sing for 2014.  The idea behind the class is that you spend at least 5 minutes every day writing and sketching and playing in your journal.  Rhomany offers prompts every day, as well as teaching you things like drawing. 


I love how Rhomany has this class formatted.  You spend a week doing your own thing in your journal, whether that is writing, painting, or simply planning in it.  Then she does 12 days of teaching you different techniques that you can incorporate into YOUR journaling practice.  Then there are two days off before the next round begins. 


I really love how this class is getting me to put real content into my journal - instead of pretty pages and backgrounds.  I feel like I am actually using my journal to document my life again - and I love it!


I also love the variety of things she has plans to teach.  We started with sketchnoting and our next session is going to be on urban sketching.  I have never done sketchnoting in my journal before - and I have always been fascinated with urban sketching so I'm excited! 


Rhomany has such an awesome teaching style - I love taking her classes!  She works along with you and gives you a ton of examples.  She also highlights other people who are using the technique and you can use all of it for inspiration on evolving your own style and methods. 

So I decided to make a video of a flip through my journal so far this month.  Check it out and let me know what you think!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images