CHA Winter 2014 Wishlist and Thoughts

The CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) Mega Show is just around the corner.  So I decided to give you a run down of my favorites from the s...

The CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) Mega Show is just around the corner.  So I decided to give you a run down of my favorites from the sneak peeks that have been released so far this month.  Just to give you a little background, I have a personal challenge this year that includes a $15.00/month budget for ALL art materials (this includes art journaling, painting, sketching, scrapbooking, and anything else that I suddenly become interested in).  The only things that this budget does not apply towards is going to be page protectors for my scrapbooking and any adhesive I may need for projects.  More on my destash project will be coming soon!  However, I just wanted you to know why, of all the gorgeous and cute stuff that is coming out, my picks are quite narrow so far!

I also have a pinterest board that you can check out for updates on new things I find as CHA goes on this week.

Authentique - Collection - Precious

I'm loving this collection from what I've seen.  It'll be nice to have a go to for Atty's pictures as she continues to grow, but still keep with soft colors.  It'd also be nice if I have time to work on old pictures this season of my childhood and baby days.

Cosmo Cricket - Ribbon Organizer :

I'm not a huge tool or speciality organizer but I LOVE the idea of this ribbon organizer.  It has slots so your ribbon sticks out and you don't have to fuss with it.  Rock on.  Much better storage than my current drawer that you have to dig through, thus never using any of it. ;)

Miss Fancy Pants Designs - As You Wish :

I'm not totally in love with the paper in this collection but I do love the "Brag" cards for using in my project life for the new year.  I like the title cards.  But the big thing I really love from Fancy Pants this season is the ticket rolls.  How cute are those!!  Especially for layering!  I'm really excited to get my hands on those.

Miss Fancy Pants Designs - Nautical :

I really like that bleached out wood grain paper (Boat Dock) and Harbor.  I don't know why - they just kind of call to me.  I like the assortment of stickers on the sticker fundamentals sheet.  Looks like a good variety to play with.  Again I love the Brag Cards - its hard for me to resist 3x4 cards, no matter what they are.  I also really like the envelopes and folders for this set.  And again those ticket rolls look like they will be fun to play with.

American Crafts - DIY Shop:

I really like the bits and pieces that are in this collection.  I especially like the wood veneer shapes (and I'm not even that into wood veneer!)  And also the chalkboard tabs and pieces intrigue me.  But what made me really excited about this collection were those textured brayers!  OMG.  Check them out.  I want them....NOW. :)

Studio Calico - Essentials:

Okay so honestly I love this whole grouping of elements.  My issue is cost.  I will love to pick up some of these items, depending on how much they cost.  BECAUSE - I love the colors, love the alpha stickers, love the different shapes and sizes that are in the packs of wood veneer (I don't care about cork, sorry), love the flag clips, and the chipboard stars and hearts.  But do I need them?  Nope.  But yes I think they are super cool and would love to try them, but I'm not spending a fortune on them.  Sorry :)

Crate Paper - Oh Darling:

I love this collection.  I want the paper and I want the chipboard diecuts.  And I think it would be so much fun to play with for Atty's pictures.  Squeee!

Becky Higgins - Strawberry Core Kit Edition & Azure Core Kit Edition:

Okay so I love both of these.   Not gonna lie.  Am I going to purchase them?  Probably not.  I like variety, not to mention that they are waaaaayyy out of my budget.  But hey, I still love the colors of them ;)

Becky Higgins - New Mini Kits:

At first glance I have to say I love all of the new mini kits.  But I'm curious to see more of what is in each kit.  The mini kits are more my style as far as quantity and price.  But I like a decent ratio of filler: background/journaling cards.  Most sets only offer a couple of filler cards, which lets be honest is really why I'm buying the cards in the first place.  Journaling cards and background cards I can make out of my stash of supplies. 

Pebbles - Garden Party:

I really love the colors of this collection. It makes me want spring to be here already!  I LOVE the thickers for this collection!  I also really want the stickers and the butterflies!

Pebbles - Special Delivery:

I've already done the majority of Atty's baby album - but I love the colors of the girl paper.  So I might pick up a couple sheets to do some special layouts about her.

Pebbles - Americana:

Again I like the papers in this collection and might pick up a couple for Atty.  The stickers and pinwheels just give me ideas for elements to create on my own.

Chickaniddy - Date Night:

I'm not a huge fan of the papers in this collection, but with that said I love the stickers! Especially the flags & pendants, words stickers & the tabs or sayings or whatever you want to call them.  I can definitely see myself using those sayings on my title page of my 2014 Project Life Album.

Basic Grey - Spice Market:

This sneak peak reminds me a bit of BoBunny's ZipadeeDoodle (or whatever it was called).  I'm curious and intrigued to see where they're going with it.  I loved BoBunny's collection.  Hmmm...

Pretty Little Studio - Baby Claire:

I really like the alpha paper, the watercolor looking gradient paper (with the stars), blue woodgrain doodle (?) with the hearts, the patchwork paper (it has several of the other papers with what looks like stitches in a diagonal on it), and also the pendant/triangle paper that is very similar to the patchwork one, the blue and white dot paper, and the gradient stripes paper.  I'm totally in love with a lot of these papers!

Elle's Studio - Love You More:

I think this is a super cute collection.  I love all the snippets and journaling cards.  This collection has gorgeous colors.  I really want to see some details of the papers before I decide if I'm going to be spending money on the whole collection or just parts.

Elle's Studio - Everyday Moments:

I also like this collection by Elle's Studio.  It'll be a great addition for project life layouts.  Again, I'm curious to see some closer details of the papers before I decide if I just want the snippets and journaling cards.

Glitz Design - Carpe Diem:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this entire collection.  The colors are absolutely beautiful!  I love the journaling cut apart pieces and the alpha collections.  I also really want the title and accent piece sticker sheet.

Glitz Design - Black & White:

I think this would be a really nice collection for Valentine's and certain love layouts.  It has some really cute cut aparts for Project Life and a nice variety of alphas.

Webster's Pages - Adrienne Looman - Sweet Routine:

This is another collection that I think would be fabulous for Project Life.  It has some really nice papers that could be used as backgrounds for layouts or cut apart for accents.  I love the journaling cards that also have the mini folders.  I definitely want to pick up the chipboard sticker pack for this collection.  It would be perfect for everyday photos!

Webster's Pages - Allison Kreft - New World:

This collection is so adorable.  I love all the cute onesie accents from papers to paper clips!  I definitely want to pick up some of the transparencies, and several of those adorable papers!

BoBunny - Primrose:

I love this classic and feminine line!  The primrose paper that has the letters and numbers on it would be perfect for creating accents for layouts by cutting it apart.  I love all the butterflies in this collection.  I think the memories paper would be cute to do a before baby and after baby family page.  The cutaparts are super cute and I love the combo sticker pack with all the swirls!  And I definitely want the noteworthy and the 12 x 12 chipboard pieces.

Heidi Swapp - Dreamy :

This collection is simply beautiful.  The papers are so soft and gorgeous.  They simply make me smile looking at them!  And the glittery pink alpha is just so pretty!  And I want those diecuts!  I can just see all sorts of layouts done for Atty with this collection. 

Simple Stories - DIY:

I simply love the idea behind this collection!  All kinds of bits and pieces so that you can customize and layer based on your own style!  I also love all the different office supplies type layers.  I definitely want to pick up some of those different label styles!

Simple Stories - Simple Sets:

These sets are all so cute!  I really love the colors in the spring set, as well as the mom set!  I can just imagine all sorts of cute layouts with these new sets.

Simple Stories - Homespun:

This collection is such a great grouping of family items and food related accents.  I love it for everyday moments!  It has a great variety of stickers, chipboard, and bits.  I just want them all!  Not to mention all the potential for project life with the cut apart sheets and journaling cards!  Simple Stories has definitely done it again with their collections this season; I want them all!

What CHA collections are you currently loving?  :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images