January Counterfeit Scrapbooking Kit

Every month I will be taking part in the Counterfeit Kit challenge where you create a kit based on a monthly kit club subscription using it...

Every month I will be taking part in the Counterfeit Kit challenge where you create a kit based on a monthly kit club subscription using items from your stash.

The kit that was chosen this month for the Counterfeit Kit was Hip2bSquare's December 2013 kit. The kit includes the following paper products:

  • American Crafts - Dear Lizzy – Polka Dot Party – Magical Moments Paper - which I replaced with the Crate Paper - Bundled Up Journaling Cards* and Becky Higgin's Project Life Winter Journaling cards* that I had left from my December Daily album
  • American Crafts - Amy Tangerine – Cut & Paste – Starling Paper - which I replaced with a pink dot paper from Ki (sold at Walmart) from the Color Story Page Kit WM1048
  • American Crafts - Dear Lizzy – Polka Dot Party – Fascinating Friends Paper - which I replaced with a turquoise kind of wood grain called Wood Fence - Turquoise from the Paper Studio*
  • Studio Calico – Print Shop – Sunday Best Paper - which I replaced with a pink and green stripe paper called Linen Door Girl Stripe from the Paper Studio
  • Fancy Pants Designs – Timbergrove – Powder Paper - which I replaced with a snowflake paper by Debbie Mumm (really old stash) called #1930 Snowflake, as well as a piece of pink, blue, and purple snowflake vellum that I had a half sheet of (brand unknown).
  • Websters Pages – Allison Kreft – Recorded – Flashback Paper - which I replaced with a polka dot from the Paper Studio - All Seasons paper pack
  • Websters Pages – Allison Kreft – Recorded – Out & About Paper - which I replaced with a blue swirl called K-Ology Addison Blue Garden Swirls (the only map paper I had was a globe and included the whole world, and I couldn't think of one thing I would use it for...it was bought for the other side).  The blue swirl paper is from K & Company
  • Websters Pages – Allison Kreft – It’s Christmas – White Christmas Paper - which I replaced with a red paper with pink and white snowflakes from the Paper Studio - All Seasons paper pack
  • I also added a pink zebra (Tiny Zebra Pink/White) print from the Paper Studio, another snowflake print called Snowflake Mix from the Paper Studio, a turquoise wood grain from Memories Captured called Panorama*, and Perfect Picture from Dear Lizzy's Polka Dot Party*
  • Additionally, I added two sheets of vellum that I found while digging in my stash.  One is pine leaves and one looks like a tree with snow on it
The kit also includes the following embellishments:
  • Websters Pages – Allison Kreft – Recorded - This & That Mini Bag - which I replaced with some black and white mini paper bags from the Paper Studio*
  • Studio Calico – Print Shop – Doodle Chipboard Thickers - which I replaced with Prima - Alphabet Stickers - Tea - Thyme (using the cream ones specifically).  I have white thickers somewhere (plain), and if I find them I intend to add them to the kit and outline them so they  look like the Studio Calico.  However, they are currently missing
  • Studio Calico – That-a-Way – Grey Mini Alphabet Stickers - which I replaced with Ki (found at Walmart) Glitter Stickers #WM0990.  They are a dark blue color and coordinate pretty well with my paper selections.
  • Studio Calico – Print Shop – Transparent Scripty Die Cut Words - which I replaced with two vellum sheets that have cut apart quotes and such on them by Fresh Verse (they were made in 2004), one is called Love and one is called Child-something maybe...the words have been cut off ;)
  • Studio Calico – Classic Calico Volume 2 – Tiny Wood Veneer Stars - which I replaced with a variety of star and snowflake punches, since I have no wood veneer at all :)
  • Fancy Pants Designs – What a Wonderful Day – Decorative Brads - which I replaced with a selection of black brads, green brads, gold brads, silver brads, and white brads
  • American Crafts – Amy Tangerine – Cut & Paste – Chipboard Accents - which I replaced with the sheet of cardstock diecuts from Ki (found at Walmart) #WM1048
Also this month, the Counterfeit Kit Club is using the December Oh Deer Me Embellishment kit.  These are the elements that I was inspired by and chose to counterfeit (note: not all parts of the Embellishment kit inspired me so I added my own stuff at the end):
  • A roll of washi tape - which I replaced with a Tim Holtz script washi
  • A set of 15 arrow paper clips (3 colors) - which I replaced with green arrow brads by Ki* (sold at Walmart)
  • A set of 9 epoxy buttons stickers - which I replaced with a pack of round epoxy alpha stickers by the Paper Studio (Bubble-a-bilities - clear, round alpha)
  • A set of 15 flocked snowflake brads (3 colors) - which I replaced with white snowflake buttons, and heart buttons in three different colors (white, blue, and pink)
  • A set of glitter stars on wire (10 pieces) - which I replaced with star buttons in three different colors (green, blue, and red)
  • 1 sheet of bling stickers (179 pieces) - which I replaced with some pink gems from Ki (sold at Walmart)
  • 1 silk flower - which I replaced with a pack of Studio G mini flowers in pink and some fabric maroon/purple flowers
  • I also added a sticker sheet from Ki (sold at Walmart) from the #WM1048 set, a pack of Ki stickers that are black and white #WM0993 that also includes black gems, a sticky alpha stax from Colorbok called SS Alpha Stax Vintage Tags, a pack of tiny text by Cosmo Cricket called Just Because, a pack of American Crafts Journaling #1 Remarks stickers, a pack of Pink Paislee Sentiment Series stickers*, and some Ki Glitter Stickers #WM0987 that are pink
*New items that I bought in December that are begging to be used :)

Here is a video flip I did of my kit so you can see what I'm talking about.  I'm working on learning my camera so the videos will get better - promise! :)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images