Bullet Journal 2016 January Setup

I’ve been using a bullet journal for several years on and off.  This year, since my Word of the Year is Focus - I want to really work on ...


I’ve been using a bullet journal for several years on and off.  This year, since my Word of the Year is Focus - I want to really work on daily plans so that I can focus on getting at least my top three goals completed each day.  With this in mind, I did an entire Bullet Journal setup for 2016.  I’ve pulled my notes from the last several months into various collections to help organize my daily notes and lists.  I took a lot of inspiration from Tiny Ray of Sunshine and Boho Berry in designing my layouts for my bullet journal spreads.

Daily Pages

I always have long running lists of everything i need to do and then I rarely get my whole list done and end up migrating it and migrating it and migrating it until it is no longer relevant.  So for this year I decided to include a monthly spread that I can make memory keeping notes on and also a place for special quotes and phrases I want to remember.  Then I have a weekly two page spread for the things I have accomplished each day.  My daily pages are then able to be my running list and brain dumps.  I’m also incorporating a time tracker onto my daily pages so that I can see exactly how I am spending my time (and where I’m wasting my time!).

I’ve also started a color coding system so that I see certain categories quickly.  I’m using these colors
  • Blue - Administration tasks, Routine tasks
  • Green - Financial stuff or money related
  • Yellow - Important stuff I cannot forget
  • Pink - YouTube and Blog stuff
  • Orange - Other forms of social media
  • Purple - personal stuff


Collection Pages

I created a variety of new collection pages for the New Year so that I can be a little bit more organized in my notetaking.  I’ve created a spread for forward planning for my YouTube channel and my blog posts, as well as my admin tasks for the website.  I also have a page for each of the Instagram challenges that I’m trying to take part in for the month.


Tracker

I also created a tracker, which I’ve used before in my bullet journals but I haven’t incorporated it for quite a while.  I broke up my categories into personal, blog/social media, and financial things that I want to track.  My personal goals are to write 1000 words each day, to work on my Create Fearlessly Project daily, and to clean and declutter for 15 minutes a day.

Video Flip

I also filmed a complete video flip through of my January 2016 Bullet Journal setup. You can definitely see the ways that Boho Berry and Tiny Ray of Sunshine have inspired my use of my bullet journal this year!



That’s pretty much my setup so far for 2016.  I’m sure it will continue to evolve and change - that’s one of my favorite parts of the Bullet Journal system, it can work for you however you need it to!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images