1st Day of Daycare - (A Scrapbook Layout)

Hello, lovelies!  Today I have a scrapbooking layout for you about my daughter's first day at daycare back in February.  I have been ...


Hello, lovelies!  Today I have a scrapbooking layout for you about my daughter's first day at daycare back in February.  I have been working my way through a kit that I made from my own stash of scrapbooking supplies, inspired by the Hip Kit Club's May 2015 kits

I always clean off my brushes and plastic when I do the packaging technique onto a piece of paper whether it is in my art journal or my scrapbooking layouts.  In this case, the background began as one of these pieces of white cardstock with excess paint on it (Distress Stain in Peacock Feathers and acrylic paint).  I also used some October Afternoon papers for my layers.


This was a super simple layout for me.  I really wanted to focus on the photo for this one.  I used some Creative Imagination stickers, along with a stamped Polaroid frame from Dear Lizzy and a Jillbean Soup hexie sticker for the date.  My title is made using Basic Grey letter stickers from the Paper Cottage collection and some new Amy Tangerine transparent tile letter stickers (which I've fallen in love with).  I also included some of the string that I used to create the background on my January Divider.  The string started as a really pretty, shimmery white embroidery floss and after the string technique it had a variegated effect with green and yellow and blue.  Very cool.


This is my first time creating a "school" layout for my daughter.  How have you documented some of your children's very first days of school?  I'd love to hear about them, so leave me a comment!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images