One Little Word 2014

With the new year approaching, I have been thinking about what my one little word would be this year.  I never search for my word.  It just...

With the new year approaching, I have been thinking about what my one little word would be this year.  I never search for my word.  It just jumps out to me and says here I am!  And it always comes to me and is what I seem to need to hear and focus on.  My first year I used the word play.  I worked through three art journals and had a fabulous year.  In 2013, my word was create.  I was less effective in my journey this year, which I believe was due to low energy levels from my pregnancy.  Nonetheless I intend to do one little word again this year.  And the word that keeps coming back is nurture.
 
Nurture
verb - care for and encourage the growth or development of
synonyms: bring up, care for, take care of, look after, tend, rear, raise, support, foster
 
noun - the process of caring for and encouraging the growth or development of someone or something
synonyms: encouragement, promotion, fostering, development, cultivation
  • I want to nurture my home life and my new little 4 month old baby
  • I want to nurture my inner artist and really focus on producing again this year
  • I want to nurture this little blog and allow it to grow especially with regular content
  • I want to nurture myself and start taking better care of myself with eating right and taking more time for me
  • I want to nurture my photography which has gotten better with project life but had fallen to the wayside for several years.
I feel like a lot of things have fallen to the wayside.  And I'm missing that creative component of my life.  I know that it will take a lot more planning that it did before the baby, and I'm not intending to have these massive huge projects that take all of my time.  However, I'm seeking a way to take 10 or 15 minutes a day to play and nurture my creative self, as well as keeping the focus on nurturing Atty and seeking out positive experiences that continue to allow all of us to grow :)

One Little Word is a project concept devised by Ali Edwards.  When choosing your word for the year she explains that "You live with it. You invite it into you life. You let it speak to you. You might even follow where it leads. There are so many possibilities."  For more information on One Little Word, check out her blog!  She also has a workshop that she does for One Little Word.  I will not be taking the workshop this year, however, I do intend to allow my word to guide me and to document my progress with my word on a monthly basis.
 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images