Throwback Thursday Layout

Recently my mom found some of my old bathtoys while we were cleaning out my old toy chest (for Atty to inherit for her 1st birthday comi...

Throwback Thursday - Bathtime
Recently my mom found some of my old bathtoys while we were cleaning out my old toy chest (for Atty to inherit for her 1st birthday coming up in two months).  Thus, Atty received new bathtoys, which is a favorite of hers.  However, several days later, I found these super cute photos of me playing in the bath with the same toys - at about her same age!  I so loved finding these.  She looks so much like me.  Something I have never recognized nearly as much as when I look at these photos and photos of her playing with the same toys.

So I decided to use the photos of me from 1986 to create a Throwback Thursday scrapbook layout, all about my love of bathtime!

Bathtime Bliss

I started off with a sketch from ScrapHappy (hosted by Lain of Layout-a-day).  I so love how this layout turned out!  The journaling reads, "For as long as I can remember I have loved baths.  In fact, I prefer baths to showers any day!  There is no better way to relax than a nice, hot bath with lots of bubbles.  Even at 8 months old, I was already in love with bathtime."


Supplies used:

  • Blue plaid paper - Provocraft
  • SEI - Synergy Tags (the blue circles and the striped piece I used behind the camera card)
  • Teresa Collins - Stationary Noted - Diecut Accessories (blue border strip that I used behind the top left photo)
  • Blue stripe paper - Paper Studio
  • Cardstock background
  • My Minds Eye - Miss Caroline - I think is the yellow paper, I can't remember :(
  • Dear Lizzy Thickers - Soiree - Alpha - these are super pretty white glitter letters - love them!
  • Camera card is one of my ICAD cards (#12 - you can check it out tomorrow!)
  • Bubble stamped images are from my stash
  • Bubble Stickers - Sticko-potamus (yes, they are that old - but they look fab on this layout!)
I also used a variety of water themed punches that I had in my stash from swaps and such.  I also decided to outline everything to give it a cohesive feel.  I absolutely love how this layout turned out!  Check back tomorrow for the next installment of my ICAD project!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Oh I just love these layouts and the photos of both of you are just darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I also love how it turned out. The circles are perfect for bubbles and I also do a lot of outlining,
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos of both of you.Your outlining makes it fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable. great use of patterned papers

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images