December Daily - What To Do When You Fall Behind

Using Pocket Page Protectors and Project Life to Catch Up on December Daily I’ve fallen way behind this week in my December Daily proce...

Using Pocket Page Protectors and Project Life to Catch Up on December Daily


I’ve fallen way behind this week in my December Daily process.  I had a major infection in my mouth due to a tooth that needed removed in the second week of December and never managed to get caught back up! I decided to focus my second week of December Daily on using pocket page style protectors and project life cards so that I could work on quickly catching back up. 


December Week Two Highlights

The highlights of our week included treating ourselves to Starbucks, getting my tooth pulled, looking at Christmas lights with Atty, and making Jello Jigglers.  We also took an inventory of what Christmas presents had already been purchased (I shop throughout the year), and decided what else we needed to buy.  We played, a lot!  Atty loves to toss balloons back and forth.  She can play with a balloon for about an hour, which is amazing in toddler time.  I also picked up a couple new learning games for her.  One was a matching card game using seasonal (winter) icons, and she had such a blast playing with it!  We also began our traditional holiday evening movies marathon.  We started with watching Elf, and also managed to watch The Grinch, Rudolph, Frosty, and The Cat in the Hat's Christmas special this week.


Choosing Your Cards and Page Protectors

I started my process this week by choosing a selection of pocket page style cards and protectors that would accommodate my photos from the week.  I also wanted to leave some openings to add in some clear elements and shaker pockets.  I used a mix of different manufacturers such as Simple Stories, Pink Paislee, and Becky Higgins Project Life (Heritage Core Kit).


The Project Life App

Another way that you can catch up quickly on your December Daily project is through the Project Life app if you have an iPhone.  I did a quick review this week on the print quality and how you create a project in the app.  This would be a great way to quickly get caught up on December Daily, so that all you have to do is slip them into 6x8 (or whatever size) pockets and move on to this week!  I also used this app to do my journaling and create collages of my photos for this week.  I enjoy processing my photos this way because everything is all together when I get to assembling my pages.

 

Washi Tape Shaker Pockets

You can create super simple shaker pockets using washi tape with pocket page protectors. These washi tape shakers add a lovely touch of personality and they are so much fun!  I love how the photos still peek through the clear spaces too.  Shaker pockets are typically made using foam tape and something clear that can act as a screen (usually a page protector cut to the size of the opening) and can be added to cards and other paper projects.  I have also created shaker pockets using the divider page protectors meant for Project Life and pocket page scrapbooking that I have stitched closed.  These washi tape shaker pockets take out all of that fussing around.  You simply fill your pocket page protector with your goodies and seal the top of the pocket with a bit of washi!  

You can add all sorts of fun stuff to your shaker pockets.  Shaker pockets are the perfect place for clear embellishments like vellum diecuts that can be difficult to adhere to scrapbooking pages.  Another fun element for shaker pockets are sequins.  I love to add buttons, flair, word stickers, diecuts, and sequins to my shaker pockets.  These pockets add an interactive element to the page.


Embellish to Tell the Story

After I have all of my photos placed and my interactive shakers ready, it's time to embellish and journal!  I love to add little bits of stickers and words to my photos and journaling cards.  These elements are my final touches before I call the pages done.  I pulled out several sticker sheets and focused on using those stickers for these pocket pages.  I have several sheets of Simple Stories that I am trying to use up this year, as well as some Echo Park stickers.  I like to coordinate my embellishments with the stories that I'm trying to tell in the photos and journaling.


I hope you've enjoyed this peek into my process for getting caught up.  Now I'm onto the third week of December.  I'm hoping to get my December Daily album completed by the end of January, so that I can move on to some fun CHA counterfeiting!  

If you have any tips for getting caught up and completing December Daily, I would absolutely love to hear them, so leave a comment below. 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images